Position: Director Product Development
Who We Are
Site Impact specializes in multi-channel direct marketing services. Our goal is to “Drive results for our clients, build a dynamic company culture, and make an IMPACT!”
In a marketplace that has proven challenging for many companies, Site Impact has thrived, and remained one of the leading providers in data and marketing resources. As we continue to grow our client following and enhance our current product our once small family has grown into a diverse and dedicated group of over 80 industry and digital marketing professionals who play a key role in the company’s culture and our continued growth and success.
Site Impact has been named one of the “Best Companies to Work For” by Florida Trend Magazine and a consecutive four years awarded a “Top Workplace” by the Sun-Sentinel.
Who we’re looking for
The Director of Product Development is a responsible for overseeing & implementing product development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Our ideal candidate has experience driving and managing full lifecycle software development projects from problem adoption, defining requirements, to implementation through the agile process related to new and existing products.
- Excellent leadership ability and communication skills
- Ability to create strategic solutions surrounding your product vision
- Ability to understand problems, needs and desires of our customers
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and define metrics around product performance
What you’re responsible for:
- Oversight of a broad-range of product-related activities including but not limited to:
- Product development
- Product analytics and metrics
- Structuring the product organization
- Facilitating communication across the company including supervising product leads/owners and project management teams who are responsible for development planning, user experience and marketing to ensure execution
- Creating and maintaining the “why” of the product and making decisions to ensure individual features and products are in line with business objectives
- Conducting direct competitive and user-based research and gathering client feedback by acting as the voice of the customer to enhance the experience for internal and external use
- Defining metrics related to product performance and track them on an ongoing basis, making adjustments when necessary. Example metrics may include:
- Revenue and profits
- User activity and engagement within the product
- Churn rate and retention
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate whether products or specific features are deemed successful
About you, you are:
- Empowered: Operate effectively and efficiently
- Accountable: Take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, successes and failures.
- Collaborative: Work with others team members across the organization to achieve shared goals/objectives
- Communicative: Provide timely and helpful information to customers and teammates across the organization, verbally or in writing.
- Articulate & Detailed: Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, are a detail oriented critical thinker with superior listening and negotiation skills
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Four Year College Degree
- 4 years of experience working in/managing a product development position
- Expert knowledge of agile principles, business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and change management.
- Expert ability to develop project plans or backlogs, manage individual deadlines and goals
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, and trend analysis
- Knowledge of risk assessment (including cost/benefit analysis) and quantification methodologies
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future business value. Knowledge of Agile methodologies preferred
Certification: Scrum master or product owner certification preferred, but not required